Expert Witness Services / Medico-Legal Reports
We are experienced in providing expert evidence in Criminal and Civil proceedings. Dr Jon Boakes is listed in the British Psychological Society’s directory of Expert Witnesses (www.bps.org.uk).
We provide psychological assessment of individuals who have experienced: being a victim of crime; occupational injury; medical accidents; road traffic and other transport accidents.
Events involving even minor physical injuries may result in significant psychological harm. A psychological report can be helpful in assessing:
- Phobias and specific anxieties (e.g. travel anxiety following a road traffic accident)
- Depression and changes in mood
- The psychological effects of chronic pain
- The psychological effects of disfigurement or injury
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Effects of substance misuse
- Social, psychological and emotional losses
We have considerable experience providing evidenced based treatments for individuals suffering trauma and psychological harm.
- Psychological assessment of mental health problems
- Psychological effects of abuse
- Psychological assessment of intellectual functioning, level of mental impairment (learning disability)
- Violence risk assessment
- Assessment and treatment of aggression and violence, including mitigating factors
- Assessment and treatment of self harm
For a copy of our terms & conditions, Dr Jon Boakes’ Curriculum Vitae or to discuss potential instructions, please do not hesitate to contact us.