We provide evidence based psychological assessment and treatment for:
- Trauma (including Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Anxiety (panic attacks; health anxiety; generalised anxiety)
- Phobia (social phobia; agoraphobia; specific phobias)
- Addiction (alcohol; drugs; gambling; internet use; gaming; sex)
- Relationship difficulties
- Obsessions & compulsions (OCD; ruminations)
- Anger & impulse control problems
- Stress (work or home)
- Abuse issues (emotional; physical; sexual abuse)
- Psychosis (hallucinations; paranoia; delusions)
- Chronic pain
- Adjustment / disability
- Sleep disorders
- Chronic fatigue
- Low self esteem
- Capacity assessment
- Rehabilitative cognitive support following head injury
We recognise that people may occasionally feel nervous about meeting a Clinical Psychologist for the first time. We work with clients from all walks of life who have many different types of problems and we will endeavour to put you at your ease quickly.
Initially, we would meet for an initial assessment consultation in which we would focus upon your current difficulties. At the end of the first consultation we would offer a psychological formulation or understanding of your difficulties. Broadly this psychological understanding will provide a description of the origin of your difficulty, how it is currently maintained and treatment options. We will then consider the goals/aims of psychological therapy with you and prioritise them in order.
Dr Jon Boakes Associates provides a range of evidence based psychological treatments including Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Schema Focused Therapy and Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR). We draw upon a wide range of other psychological theories and research which we may incorporate into treatment where appropriate.